I, like many bloggers, have more than one blog. I also don’t spend enough time updating my blogs, so most of the time I feel guilty if I sit down at my computer and don’t write a blog post for at least one of my blogs.
So now I find myself in a funny position. I have a couple of domains that I got for free. When it comes to blogging, I really like setting things up. So I installed WordPress on both the domains, found great looking themes for both of them. Installed the important plug-ins, etc. Now all that is left is to add some content.
That is where I stopped. So I have these two domains with very nice looking, very empty blogs on them.
What to do? Sell the domains, or even give them away?
Beg someone else to write for them.
Or, even write something myself? Taking time away from my other, more established blogs?
The empty blogs are Lazy Food and Baby Care News. What would you do with them?
I was on vacation and didn’t even notice that my last post was post #100! Yea!
Here’s to 100 more!
This showed up in my email a few weeks back. Some of it is trite, some of it I have heard before, but put together it is good advice!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to _______ today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s –Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did last year.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend tiem with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Read the rest of this entry »