1. Money is a tool for trade, nothing more, nothing less. Money does not make you more special, or more lovable. Fancy homes and cars, expensive watches and clothing, these do not make people like you more. How much money you have, or appear to have, says nothing about you as a person. I have met both poor people and rich people who were amazing human beings. I have also met both poor and rich people who were jerks. Your money is not your personality.
2. There is no “secret” to getting rich. You can find out how to get rich for free all over the web. There are also lots of great books at the library.
3. Debt is not your friend. Yes there is good debt and bad debt, but most debt is bad debt. The single thing you can do to make yourself wealthier is to quit using debt to buy things that you can’t afford. Paying interest gets you nothing!
4. You must spend less that you earn. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you are currently spending more than you earn, you must cut your spending or increase your earnings. As the saying goes, “The best way to get out of a hole is to quit digging!”
5. You must learn to use the tax laws to your advantage. If you do not, taxes could take away over 40% of what you earn!
6. Gambling, playing the lottery, or scamming other people are not good ways to get rich.
7. Yes, you can get rich in real estate, or in the stock market, or with a network marketing business. But all of these areas are filled with scammers. The scammers like to tell you about all of the positives, but they leave out the negatives! Do your own research, take the time to learn the pitfalls, and don’t get carried away in the hype!